October 1, 2010

Attention Please!!!!


Picture courtesy: knol.google.com
Today I thought of posting a recipe as it has become a long gap since I have posted any. I have so many to share and all are standing in a queue, shouting for an attention. But today it's more important to share something else with you all .

Recently two of our blogger friends raised the voice against plagiarism when they suffered terribly with this infection as their posts were been reposted without their concern in some other blogs. In simple language their Posts and Photographs were stolen. Jaya and Pree both are the victims of this awful crime. But in no time anybody can be the victim of this plague. Even we don't know whether our works are already been stolen or not!! Then why we still are sitting idle and waiting for to see more plagiarist victims !!

We blog because we love to be get connected with people through the works which we cherish in our lone and creative hours. We are blogging not to earn money through it or there is no obligation that we have to blog because of some grand fortune. This is a kind of blood and breath for us when we inhale a peace of breath through our blogs. It's like a baby for us whom we are nurturing so gently,  with so much care to feel a pacification mainly when you can not go out. It gives you a way to get connected with people. It gives you satisfaction when you get appreciated by any of your creative work. It is also a way where you can get a recognition which is earned entirely by your own hard work.

But when we see a scratch on these babies' body it's really a heartrending situation for us. It might be healed in no time when we will just sigh and this will be a pastime regretting story for us. But what about those thieves?? Isn't there any way to punish them or raise a unified voice against this atrocious act. Blogging is not a silly joke or a minute's play which we do with in a second. Each post is a hard planned project where you involve your creativity, sources of knowledge to work it best as a magnet to draw the attention of the reader.

It is not a question of taking any legal action and sue the copycats. But let us make a unified world to fight against these offenses. Let us make a Forum on "Fake Bloggers" and highlight those weirdoes. Let us spread our voice and make everybody attentive against this malady. At least we can make them think twice before they steal any hard work to fulfill their own purpose.

We can not stop plagiarism but we can at list fight for it. Let us start the fight right now……..Who are going to join ??

I want to know your views.

28 comments:

Sulagna said...

I absolutely agree with you Kamalika..We can't control people from thieving but we can raise our voice against it.Count me in !!

Best Regards
Sulagna
http://e-senseofspicenfragrance-sulagna.blogspot.com/

Nitha said...

I too agree with you dear...

Amritha Kalyani said...

I support it too.. Count me in..

Pushpa said...

Absoulutely agree with you...great initiative

Hamaree Rasoi said...

I'm with you Kamalika. These cheaters should be punished....

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Swathi said...

I am with you. I am also victim of plagiarism by a famous Malayalam newspaper. Later upon my request they removed.

Swathi said...

I am with you.

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is awful, and you are so right! Most of us spend hours downloading and going through our pictures, composing, designing our blog format. It is a creative outlet and also a way of expressing our feelings. But what can we do about these people? There seems no way to stop them.

Anonymous said...

Count me in Kama! Excellent drive for such things!

Torviewtoronto said...

well said it is sad to see when your hard work goes to waste and discourages us from sharing family recipes

Torviewtoronto said...

well said it is sad to see when your hard work goes to waste and discourages us from sharing family recipes

Rookie Qookie said...

Am absolutely in...My friends also had a similar experience..Dunno whether my Parippu curry and Cakes were stolen..kekke
Jokes apart I agree with you and I think it's high time we highlight such Web disasters in order to warn others..

Unknown said...

Thanks for your supports dearies....

@ Ginny ...I konw we can't do a lot but we can at least try....

Santosh Bangar said...

i am also suport this .but there is another problem that who is hosted the event they should first conform the links oo the recipes which is posted to them.

Sushma Mallya said...

I totally agree with you kamalika, it happens every now and then,v all must do something abt it very soon ...V all are with you...

Satya said...

i totally agree with dear..its really bad to not mention or give credit to the creator n stealing pic extra painful...i am with u kamalika..

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Jaya M said...

Kamalika,

Thats a great effort from your part..I will surely join in ..I know it's hard to digest the fact our hard work is stolen so easily and right in front of us..There should be a mean also to make them understand that short-cuts are no way to fame and fortune whatever be the case...
hugs and smiles

Joanne said...

I am with you ALL THE WAY. I put so much time and energy into my posts, as we all do, and it sucks so much to have someone rip that all away from us with no disregard or respect. It needs to end!

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

Hy Kamalika..great to raise your voice..while we thinking abt this...Count me in ...let us fight against this...!

PreeOccupied said...

Silence, its good to write about such issues. This is another way of warning potential thieves. They are all out there you know, they read your posts, lurk around and wait for it to get in the archives, is that how they do it?

GB said...

Kamalika, I have to agree with all that is written above. and I just don't get the mentality of "these people". What do they hope to achieve?

Sad and pointless as far as I'm concerned!

Hari Chandana P said...

I too agree with u Kamalika..

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I guess it's like someone breaking into your house....I think trying to identify the culprits and make people aware is a good thing.

Treat and Trick said...

This matter existed quite sometime ago, we all must be united to stop this crime. But how this could be done?

http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

Ash said...

Thank you so much for bringing up this issue. My blog is like my baby, all my creativity goes into it.Am with you, count me in.

aipi said...

Hi Kamalika, as you know I have been a food blogger for only a little over a couple of months now and sadly enough I have already seen more than a couple of my recipes been copied over. I have been so disturbed over this that I have actually created a post for it. It is still in my draft and I am planning to publish it soon. Being inspired is one thing and copying without credit is another. I am sure we are all grown up enough to tell the difference. Guys, what I will say is lets come up with ideas... whether by social or even technical means that we can stop this nonsensical behavior.
I am with you all the way..
Aipi

Adelina said...

how do you find out if your blogs/shots have been copied and published somewhere else? Would like to check on mine! I am not too mental about someone using my stuff, but yah, some credit should be given!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

I am with you all the way dear.. count me in!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected