October 5, 2010

Baked Crispy Tilapia Fillet

Now it's a Recipe time. In the recent weeks suddenly our car needed to visit the car service station due to some internal problem. Though it's quite annoying and frustrating if the check engine light starts to blink, for me it became a healthy boon. During the time the car got checked I confronted with a great recipe idea from one of the magazines lazily laid around the center table of the sitting area of the store. Nowadays I am proned towards making healthy recipes mainly where a wee bit of oil or no oil is added at all. I found a recipe of crispy chicken nuggets which is coated with cornflakes and more pleasingly it's Baked. I borrowed the idea, googled for more recipes alike after coming home. The next day I made this Baked Crispy Tilapia Fillet. I never thought even in my imagination that Fish Fry can also be made with out oil. To be true you will not get the exact pleasure and taste what a deep fried stuff enhances, but I bet too you will not regret after tasting it. More good is you will never suffer from the nightmare that next how much calories you have to shed. You can have it as a starter or as a  dinner  with some dips and salads. Following is the recipe:
Recipe adapted from Cooks.com


Ingredients:-

Marinade:

Tilapia Fillets- 3 large
Ranch/Salad dressings- 2 tbspoon
Vinegar/Lemon juice- 1 tbspoon
Mayonnaise- 1 tbspoon
Parmesan Cheese- 3 tbspoon
Salt+pepper+Italian herbs- According to taste


Coating:
Cornflakes- Approx 2 cups (crumbs) [Note: I will suggest to make extra crumbs and not to use all at same time. The extras can be saved and used later if stored in a airtight container.]
Bread Crumbs- 1/2 cup

Method:-
1. Pre-heat the oven at 350F degrees.
2. Mix all the ingredients nicely with the fillets, listed under marinade and keep for 10-15mnts.
3. Put a silver foil on the baking tray and grease it nicely. (lining foils make easy to clean the tray.)
4. Mix the cornflakes and the bread crumbs and coat the fish gently. Lay them on the tray. Now spread some crumbs on the top of each fillet and press it little bit with your palm. Gently turn each fillet and do the same process.
5. Bake for 10-15mnts. Then turn the fillets and bake for 10 mnts more.Serve hot with bread, salads or dips.
Variation:
I also tired with chicken. I marinated the chicken breasts with Shan's tandoori Chicken masala and yoghurt and coated them with cornflakes and bread crumbs. Baked them at 375F degrees for 35-40mnts. This one also came out perfect and too tasty.

Note: I am not satisfy at all with the snaps. The snaps are taken in a hurry struggling a lot with the hungry tummies. Hope you can understand.

28 comments:

Satrupa said...

I am so angry with you :)Kidding!! You keep posting such yumm recipes at the wrong time. I don't have Tilapia or any fish in stock. I wish I could grab some now .....
Bookmarked this ......

Cheers n Happy Cooking,
Satrupa

http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

No prob dear....I am gladly accepting you anger..hehe....come to my place.....

Anonymous said...

Yum yumu yum..u knw what I love the parmesan crusted tilapia at Olive garden...yours looks so better & golden..and ya even I jump to the recipe section first in any magazine!!

Sulagna said...

Looks yummy !! Want some right now :)

Swathi said...

Baked crispy tilapia looks delicious. Don't worry about clicks, sometime it is very hard take picture when somebody is waiting to eat.

Torviewtoronto said...

love making crust with cereal i also add spices to the crumb mixture

Pushpa said...

This is one awesome recipe....looks delicious,my tummy is grumbling

aipi said...

What a gorgeous looking fish fillet..love the crust on top..

US Masala

Satya said...

wow this fish fry looks so delicious ..must be a big treat for fish lovers ...btw how did ur laadi pav came out ,hope u all enjoyed it :)

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Kamalika,
Shudhu Satrupa ke dakbe amake na? ;-)Tomar ei fillet dekhe kolkata-r kotha money pore gelo...
Darun baniyecho...

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Ginny Hartzler said...

How easy and yummy! I love tilapia! And the pictures are good, they give us a good idea of what it should look like! Thanks for this recipe!!

? said...

Thanks for your comments!
I miss the leisure to go through my favourite blogs....

Sushma Mallya said...

That looks so delicious & crispy...nice and different marinade for fish..

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

I've never been a big fish fan, but in recent history I've really come to love Tilapia. This sounds wonderful and print worthy for sure!

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

I've never been a big fish fan, but I've really learned to like Tilapia in recent history. This sounds delish and print worthy for sure! If you are reading this for the second time, I have no idea what happened to the first time I commented :) Have a great day!

Santosh Bangar said...

looks delicious and crispy

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

age dilinare recipe ta.amar diet e akdin khali fish ba meat kheye thakte hoto...grilled fish kheye mukh puro heje geche. eta janle kore khetam. ki sundor dekhte hoeche.

Kalyani said...

wow it looks so crispy & delicious .... lovely clicks too ..........

San said...

Amazing fish fry ,love to have it with curd rice .Yumm yum delicious .

Shabitha Karthikeyan said...

Delicious and crispy fish. Addition of cornflakes for the coating is a super twist !!

Unknown said...

WOW!! Thats a great recipe!! It looks super-delicious..

Suja Manoj said...

Gorgeous fish..looks so delicious,nice recipe,thanks for sharing

My Kitchen Antics said...

Serve it with chips and you've got yourself a British fav:)

divya said...

They look awesome. Wonderful pics.

PreeOccupied said...

Ummm fish fry, fish and chips aar ki chai Bangalee'r. Love Tilapia recipe. I wonder how I missed it.

Aparna S Mallya said...

Awesome clicks! I love fish and this looks super tasty!

Soma said...

Ki perfect bake hoyechey!! ekdom crispy lagchey.

kamalika photo series tomar photo gulo dekhe dekhe mugdho hoye gechi ! what a treat to the eyes and soul. Keep them coming.

Sound Horn Please said...

Didn't know Tilapia could be made this way. I am going to try this out! Bookmarked this recipe :)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected