September 12, 2010

Fettuccine with Cream Chicken Sauce


That day, as the time approached to cook something for dinner I found my pantry almost out of stock with the minimal ingredients. It's the end of the week and the daily grocery was due. But never knew that my food stock was in an awry. Some celery stalks, a tomato, a carton of cream, a cup of chicken stock were laying neglected in the refrigerator. Few thinly sliced chicken breast in the freezer and a packet of fettuccine in the shelf. So I thought of making stir fried chicken served in the bed of boiled fettuccine. So I boiled the Fettuccine with little bit of salt and kept the chicken out in the room temperature to deice. The day before I prepared Dry Chili fish so I changed my mind to follow the same shadow of frying and sautéing. So I thought of making a sauce out of chicken and served hot with Fettuccine. I did so, served the dish to my husband and my daughter. I ought to mention that my daughter is a voracious pasta eater only if it is cooked in cheese sauce otherwise it is totally refused. This time with a pounding heart I served her the dish and preparing myself what tricks to apply to feed her after her obvious denial. My husband was also hesitating to taste the dish, might be the appearance was not attracting him. By appearance the dish looks too pale to get attracted mainly who were habituated with the Xanthus colored foods . I tried to keep my self busy in the kitchen with ' a no kind of work' to avoid their dimmed face. The daughter took the responsibility and ushered in the first bite. And she kept on eating!!! My husband, saying, 'if she likes the food then it must be tasty', took his first bite. Then a big wave of applause from my hubby washed me with a great relief and I danced two steps in Daler Mahendi style in joy. I just felt that I had passed some big Examination. All the confidence lies on the reaction of the in takers when you are cooking something out of imagination. But one thing is clear when you have the minimum ingredients at hand your are on the verge of creating something great and proving yourself a culinary expert too.


Ingredients:-
Thinly sliced Chicken Breast- 4-5 pieces
Celery -4 Stalks
Tomato- 1 big
Onion-1 small
Ginger-garlic paste-2 table spoon
Chicken Stock- 1/2 cup
Low Fat Cream- 1/2 cup
Salt, Sugar, Black Pepper- As per Taste
Italian herbs for seasoning.
Oil- 1 table spoon


 
Method:-
1. Grind all the ingredients together in to a smooth paste except the cream and the stock.

2. Heat oil in a pan and add the mixture. Pour the chicken stock, give a good stir then cover with lid and cook in low flame for 8-10 mnts.

3. Open the lid taste it and add if salt and sugar is required. High the flame and cook till the mixture turns dry and the chicken gets cooked well. Add the cream. Cook for 2-3mnts.

4. Spread the boiled Fettuccine in a serving plate and pour the Cream Chicken Sauce on it. Season the top with Italian herbs and serve hot.

 
Verdict:-
This dish takes very less time to cook and the preparation time is also just less than 5-7mnts. Very healthy and light. The taste is too good and perfect for a low diet food. Other vegetables and mince chicken instead of chicken breast can be used .

35 comments:

Tanvi said...

WOW....I want that lovely plate! Fettucine looks so beautiful! :)

Sinfully Spicy

TREAT AND TRICK said...

That's great, you created a decent meal with minimal ingredients, looks yum..Regarding the oatmeal cookies, you can use instant or rolled oat but blend them fine....

Angie's Recipes said...

Had some pasta today too...yours looks very yummy.

Unknown said...

Hiiiiiiiiii,

A lovely recipe....i love your site...

Dr.Sameena@

www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com
www.lovelypriyanka.blogspot.com

Cooking Gallery said...

Yum! Creamy pasta, I love it!!

Torviewtoronto said...

lovely pictures looks delicious

aipi said...

You know what they say necessity is the mother of invention..nicely done!!

US Masala

Uma said...

i like fettucine alfredo.. this is interesting with veggies..

Sulagna said...

I'm a voracious pasta-eater too..To me,this looks awesome..

Sushma Mallya said...

Quick, easy and yummy plus beautiful pics kamalika, nice recipe...

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a gorgeous and delicious sounding dish. Your pictures are wonderful. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

s said...

Lovely pics..creamy and delicious!

Priya Suresh said...

Feel like grabbing that whole plate..very droolworthy dish..

Soma said...

Mmmmmm pretty much in pasta mood for sunday dinner, but too lazy to cook. Can I come over?

My Kitchen Antics said...

love the cream chicken sauce idea.

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

wow great recipe with good clicks. I sometimes make a chicken sauce totally chinese style to spread over sautéed noodles. yours is different and perfect one pot recipe.

Unknown said...

Thanks my dearies...glad to know that you all liked the dish...

@Treat&Track, thanks for the info....
@Aipi, You are right..I totally agree with you...
@Soma, you are always welcome...come any time...I will surely give you nice and delectable treat..:)

Fathima said...

Perfect Plate... would love it grab it... nice clicks too...

Gouri Guha said...

Kamalika, a tasty plateful and who can stop longing for some. Chobi khoob sundor...best part is it takes so little time to cook and serve.

Sarah Naveen said...

beautiful clicks..looks so delicious...

hey dear...i know i owe you one [:)]...i will write to you soon [:)]..

kitchen queen said...

Hi thanks for visiting my blog and giving a nice comment.You too have a lovely blog with nice recipes.

Satya said...

wow pasta looks sooo delicious ...

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Juliana said...

Kamalika, what a lovely pasta dish...like the simplicity and yet looks so tasty...great meal :-)

Namitha said...

Yummy pics :-) Must be very delicious too..Got to try this sauce

Joyti said...

It looks like a lovely dish. Quite tasty I'm sure.

nandini said...

Perfect dish for my kids... they love both pasta and cream sauce....

Indrani said...

wow, looking appetizing, me and my daughter both are big pasta fans..love to try it soon..nice pics, kamalika

MaryMoh said...

Mmmm....delicious. Would make a great lunch for me.

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Hi Kamalika,
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog..I'm touched dear :)
Yummy pasta indeed!..great shots...loved the recipe..going to try it soon!..bhalo theko..

Sanghamitra.

Unknown said...

What a superb dish!! I am sure it tasted heavenly..

Aparna S Mallya said...

Hey, I just bought some fettucini yesterday. I make something similar with veggies.
Ur dish looks lovely!

Califia's Lap said...

It's so amazing that you posted this! Just the other day I went into my kitchen and had to come up with a meal completely from the few ingredients I had available. I thought everyone would hate it but they loved it! You have a wonderful blog. Any blog that has food and book reviews is an automatic winner as far as I'm concerned!

Califia's Lap said...

It's so amazing that you posted this! Just the other day I went into my kitchen and had to come up with a meal completely from the few ingredients I had available. I thought everyone would hate it but they loved it! You have a wonderful blog. Any blog that has food and book reviews is an automatic winner as far as I'm concerned!

Urmi said...

Lovely and gorgeous looking pasta. Absolutely delicious and tempting.

San said...

Hey kamalika itz been quite long since i did blog hopping,glad that i did it today .How are you ? Mouthwatering pasta that too really quick n easy as well ,thanks for sharing the recipe dear.Well captured pics .

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected