April 5, 2010

Bookmarked Recipes- Tried and Tasted : Part I

Entering the blogosphere opened a new world to me- a world of knowledge where every day I am learning and getting introduced to so many new things. Mainly the food blogs are just enriching my taste buds with the delectable recipes posted every day in the several culinary blogs. Whenever I am bored of my own recipes, I reach out for my bookmarked recipe list and try one of the recipes. Here I am posting two Bookmarked recipes which I tried and tasted and liked very much.
Sushma’s Spanish Mushrooms in Butter Coriander Sauce is a wonderful and one of the easiest, less time taking dishes. The dish turned out very tasty. You can have this dish along with rice, roti/bread, noodles or pasta. It is a gorgeous side dish. Sushma Mallya, the owner of Authentic Food Delights, has a wonderful collection of delectable recipes in her beautiful blog. One them is the above mentioned dish posted recently in her blog. I had few mushrooms which were just laying neglected in the fridge. Every time I was thinking to cook something with them but was not getting a right recipe to cook. Thanks to Sushma that she posted the delicious dish just at the right time and saved me from letting the mushroom rotten. What you have to do is, to make a tasty batter out of flour, corn flour, ginger-garlic paste, pepper, baking powder, lemon juice and salt, put the mushrooms in it and fry them in the oil. Make a simple sauce out of butter, curry leaves, ginger-garlic paste and coriander leaves and add this sauce with the fried mushroom. Your dish is ready. Find out the detail recipe HERE. I followed the exact recipe what she posted. Only the variation I made, was, I added spring onions instead of Coriander leaves, as I was running out of stock of the coriander leaves. Even you can have the fried mushroom without the sauce too. I finished almost ¼ of the fried mushroom while cooking only. It tasted so good that it was very hard to control myself.
 
Tip: I want to share the mistake I have done. I didn’t let the oil fully heated to fry the mushrooms. Therefore the batter coated mushroom got sticky to the pan. So before frying the mushrooms please be sure that the oil is fully heated.



The next one is the Stuffed Pizza Dough Buns from Look Who’s Cooking Too. A very easy and tasty dish which takes very little time to prepare. I liked the idea very much that the pizza dough can be used in some other way too. An open book, the owner of this beautiful and creative blog, who has also a huge collection of delicious recipes, has given the detail recipe HERE. Even she had also mentioned how to prepare the pizza dough too. I bought the instant pizza dough from the store to prepare the dish. What you have to do is to prepare a stuffing out of anything, make 5-6 balls out of the dough. Then stuff the balls with the stuffing and bake it.

My stuffing recipe-

1. First boiled soya granules. Strained out the water from it.

2. Chopped a cauliflower in small pieces. Added Turmeric powder, Cumin powder, Coriander Powder, Chopped tomato, Ginger paste, Salt and sugar according to taste in the cauliflower. Mixed altogether nicely.
 
3. Heat oil on a pan and poured the cauliflower mixer in it. When the cauliflower was half done added the boiled soya granules. Kept on frying till the cauliflower gets fully cooked, dry and turned brown.

This dish can be served as a snack or it can be served in dinner too. We had it in our dinner along with Sushma’s mushroom dish. A very good meal for the Kids too as my daughter loved it very much.

I would like to thank Sushma and An Open Book, for sharing these two wonderful tasty dishes and also making me a part of these recipes.

17 comments:

sayantani said...

I also have tried one mushroom recipe of Sushma. she is a great cook and comes up with mouth watering but healthy recipes. love the pics tooo. great work Kamalika

Miriam Korula said...

Hey Kamalika, i have always found so many recipes in the blogging world that i have been wanting to try too....both the dishes look like they have turned out really well...great job...:)

Tina said...

Delicious recipes....

Sushma Mallya said...

Am so happy that u liked it a lot and posted this in your wonderful blog too...nice idea to use spring onion greens as well...will try this way next time...thanks a lot for trying kamalika..

SathyaSridhar said...

Kamalika,,,woow nice to hear that u tried the recipes from fellow bloggers tried n tasted,,thats good me too like to try the recipes which i like most and post that in my blog...

Priya Suresh said...

Both dishes looks fantastic...keep up the great work dear..

My Kitchen Antics said...

Arent they the easiest..and even easier when you have store bought pizza dough:)
Thanks a lot for trying out one of my recipes..im thoroughly honoured. Shall try out your filling next time:)

Namitha said...

I too love both these blogs...awesome recipes...

MyExperimentsWithFood said...

Great looking recipes Kamalika. I am also planning to try recipes from blogsphere, but difficult to decide recipes from these many options.

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Hey,
Both the dishes look great. I am so digging both and wishing I was around to have my share. :)

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Hi..first time here, mushroom dish and buns look so yummy, thanks for sharing the tips too....

Indrani said...

Both the recipes are mouthwatering..

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

Hy Kamalika,

Thanks for dropping by my blog n putting in such motivating comments...You have a great collection of healthy recipes here...glad to follow u too...Recipe pics are awesome and cute...! will be visiting here often...!

Jaya M said...

both looks so delicious....
hugs and smiles

Gouri Guha said...

Hi Kamalika,

You have a nice blog space. Now it has become so easy to cook something you want to even if you are doing for the first time, read recipes from posts of blogger friends and there you are.
Aami o anek baar onner blog theke pore ranna korechi.

Nice pics.

Unknown said...

Dear all thanks a lot for ur inspiring comments...even I tried out lots more from many other blogs and will be keep on posting those sooner or later....


@Treat & Trick, Jay, and Gouridi, thanks a lot for visiting my blog for the first time and leaving behind the wornderful comment....

MaryMoh said...

Both look very delicious. Agree with you......Susahma has so many awesome recipes. I wish she can cook all for me :P I'll have to check the other one.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected