March 21, 2010

Return Gifts

I always have a special place in my heart and respect for those who are blessed with creativity. Either in the world of arts, crafts and literature or in the musical rhythmic world, where ever it is, creative personalities always deserve a special extolment.

From my childhood I am prone towards in of making creative stuffs. I always prefer to present a gift to my friends making something by my hand rather than buying something instant from the shops. This habit doesn’t change after my marriage too. My neighbours cum friends in USA threw a wonderful Baby Shower Party to welcome my baby during my nine months. Whenever I remind that day it overwhelms my heart with a joy knew no bound. Their generous greetings and caring love, shower like a blessing all the time for my baby. On that occasion I wanted to present the hostesses something special made by my hand which would honour my feelings for them. But at that time my health didn’t permit for a huge task which takes a lot of energy. After fighting a lot with my constructive thoughts I turned up with those tiny designed glasses. I went to the shop, bought some Stem less Wine Glasses, coloured tissue papers, assorted chocolate, silver and golden glass painting colour and small gift bags. I designed the glasses with the golden and silver paintings. Covered few assorted chocolate with a piece of tissue paper and pour in to each glass. Then along with a greeting card, penning down few lines direct from my heart, I put each glass in to the gift bags. That was my small return gifts for them bestowing my honour.


Reason behind Gifting this:-

Glass always symbolises a transparency. Every long-lasting relationship based on the faith and transparency. On the other hand a drinking glass symbolises the womb. Designing the glass I imprinted my touch of love and respect for them. The chocolates symbolises the sweetness of a relationship cuddled in love. On the other hand the womb is filled with the sweetness of love. Whenever each one of them would see the gift they would remember this day, the occasion, the dulcet love we have with each other and that would leave the magical incantation of blessings for my child.

16 comments:

Raka said...

bah concept ta khub bhalo laglo...gift gulo o khub shundar...

Sushma Mallya said...

wonderful post,returns gifts are just so good and lovely,...hand made gifts usually hold a spl place in everyone's heart..am sure your friends were very happy receiving it..

Sarah Naveen said...

Thats awesome!!!! I m sure you are very special to all of them :)

Unknown said...

Kamalika,
I remember your love whenever I see that beautifully decorated glass. My son finished the chcolates.. :) but I still have your gift that symbolises your love and friendship.
- Somadi

MyExperimentsWithFood said...

Thanks for vising my blog. Your handmade return gifts idea is excellent.

Sanjukta said...

Such nice gifts!wonderful!!!I personally love hand made gifts, because I know the giver had me specifically in mind when the gift was made.
Very cute.More inspiration....

Indrani said...

Here we r very similar..I also love giving hand made gifts and if not possible I spend huge time looking for the perfect gift for everyone..tomar blog ta darun..never knew..thanks for ur visit to my blog..keep up the good work

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Hey,
First time here. Looks like you are a very talented person and have a way with creating artistic memorabilia.Loved reading what the gift symbolizes and all.
-Cool lassi(e)
http://pangravykadaicurry.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for all those wonderful and inspiring comments....

@Somadi, I am feeling glad and honoured that u still remember the gift.....

Padhu Sankar said...

Beautiful gifts and great post!

Unknown said...

Thanks Padhu....

Unknown said...

beautiful gifts...great idea.....

first time here...like your creativity idea...
if u hav free time do visit my blog...
http://swapnasridhar.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Thanks Swapna for visiting my blog...do visit again....

Unknown said...

"Corporate gifts" are important for a company's image and help in building a strong relationship with its clients

nandigifts said...

Your posting provide an exclusive information, I appreciate this post. Thanks for sharing this.

Wedding Return Gifts

Unknown said...

I must say that the freshness of your blog has surely left me mesmerized, there were no better words to express and I will surely be a regular visitor to your blog.

Return Gifts

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected