March 18, 2010

Product Review - Parampara Chicken Karahi Mix

I am not prone towards buying instant gravy mixes and cooking them. One day one of my friends told me to try the Parampara Chicken Karari, which turned out very tasty to her. That stored in my memory. After sometime to replenish my grocery I visited the Indian Grocery store in USA.While surfing for my daily prerequisites, I found a shelf fully loaded with Gravy mixes and among them Parampara had taken quite a leading roll. Along with the Chicken Karahi mix, there were more gravy mixes dotted around, like- Paneer Karahi, Biryani mix, Tandoori mix etc. An initiation forced to enter me in the world of instant cooking. No need to say, buying the mix didn’t turn out a wastage of money.


About Parampara:-
Truly Indian by nature, Parampara Food products are manufactured in Pune, Maharashtra, India. The brand Parampara started as a small outfit creating pickles and other taste enhancing spice mixes and pappadums/papads etc. But now after completing 60 years, “Parampara had graduated to ready gravy mixes for main course & starters in traditional Indian flavour. With current product range of main course variants are 26 in total and starter’s variants are 7. Parampara is continuously working to blend old cooking methods with the modern lifestyle.” (http://www.paramparamix.com/)

Cooking Time & Method:-

Along with the preparation time it takes 20-25mnts. Apart from the gravy mix the other ingredients you need are boneless chicken, onion and capsicum cut in to cubes, yoghurt and water. You have to mix the gravy mix with yoghurt and water in to a paste. Fry the onion and capsicum, reserve. Fry the chicken till it turns golden then add the mix. Cook for few mnts. Your dish is ready. The ‘how to cook’ instruction is given in detail in the back of the Pack. You don’t have to become sweat and tired while cooking a spicy delicious Chicken Karahi.

The Taste:-

After tasting it you will not try Chicken Karari in the restaurants next time. It exactly tastes like the Chicken Karari we usually have in the Restaurants. If you are a spicy lover then you are definitely going to love it. Rich and oily by nature, spicy and hot in taste will just enhance you craving to eat more. It goes perfect with the roti or paratha and as well as with the rice too. After cooking it the colour of the dish and the smell will definitely make you slobbering.


My Feedback:-

First I cooked the dish with a doubt in mind how it would be, but after cooking I didn’t have any space to repent. Though I always try to avoid spicy oily foods with a hope to lose extre few kilos, once in a while this kind of dish goes perfectly well. I would not recommend this gravy mix, those who have cholesterol or on a strict light diet, because this is a very spicy and oily dish. It’s perfect for the party menu, as it saves time and energy and very tasty to render a treat. Even for my coming weekend party I am having this Chicken Karahi in the menu. Last but not the least, let me clear one thing, the taste varies person to person. What is tasty for me may not be to you. So always buy the things in which you are surefooted enough.

11 comments:

Sushma Mallya said...

wow what a lovely looking chicken gravy...sounds good, even i had tried instant gravy mix from some other company,didnt like it that much but this one as u have given a fantastic review,will surely try this one...thanks for sharing it..

Tina said...

Sooooo colourful and spicy..Perfect com with parathas...

MaryMoh said...

This curry mix look very delicious cooked with chicken. I love it. The colour is so beautiful. I don't think I have seen this in Scotland.

Deepanjana said...

Hi, Thanks for stopping by my blog. Tomar blog bhishon bhalo laglo amar pore. Notun rokomer je kono jinish ranna korte ar khete amar bhalo lage, ami germany te thaki ar ekhane onek kichui pawa jay na unlike USA. Tomar naam ta janio.
All the best,
Deepanjana

Unknown said...

Thanks to all of you for reading my post and leaving your comments behind....

@Sushma, even it same for me too.. surely try and let me know bout ur opinion...

@ Mary,you can the website of Parampara..there they have the selling list of locations....

Raka said...

Ekhane khuje dekhbo to paoa jae kina....pele nishchoi try korbo...

My Kitchen Antics said...

Interesting...I am always in 2 minds about picking instant curries from indian stores because they always seem 2 have an artificial taste, but i splurge on instant mixes whn it comes to conti stuff:)
My mom asked me 2 try this once, but was never fully convinced...mayb il take ur word fr it and pick up one on our next visit 2 an indian store...

Unknown said...

Thanks Raka...

@ An Open Book, I don't know about the other grvy mixes of Parampara, but the chicken korai mix really turned out tasty...so go ahead and try it....

SathyaSridhar said...

Loooks perfect n mouthwatering.yeah,,me too using the same brand mix dear for my biryani.Parampara is good brand with perfect taste.thanks for sharing dear,,take care n keep on smiling.

Unknown said...

@SathyaSridhar, Thanks for ur comment...I too bought the Parampara Biriyani Mix but not cook it yet...reading ur comment got sure that that mix will also turn out tasty....

Miriam Korula said...

The name 'Chicken Karahi' made me stop and read through...i'd missed this post of your's before..it is one of my favourite dishes (the recipe is up on my blog post named Darbar Ka Karahi- http://invogueathome.blogspot.com/2010/03/darbar-ki-karahi.html)....i have never had any good experiences with instant mixes. Before i started taking cooking seriously, RJ my husband used to drool over the pictures on the instant mix covers n' say, let's try that or this...n' then the dish would never turn out as we expect...now i'm happy i don't buy them anymore...:)..but if you do like chicken karahi...please do give the recipe on my blog a try...:)

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected