September 22, 2015

Product Review: Assam 1860 Tea

“I say let the world go to hell, but I should always have my tea.” 

To be honest, I am not a tea lover. I love Iced Tea though, that is also very rare. Then you must be wondering why I am reviewing a product which I didn't taste or experience. On a different note, apart from me all my family members are ardent Tea Lovers. Or more or less I can say I have 'Tea-addicted' people all around me. I grow up seeing my Mom and Dad, if they do not get their morning tea on time the whole world will turn topsy-turvy and a bad headache will clumsily off their mood. I have seen my husband spending hours in the isle of the Tea sections of the Hypermarkets choosing the right flavour that could match his taste bud, and keep on trying and tasting them. He is very particular about the tastes and flavours and it is very difficult to satisfy his taste bud. 

So when I got a mail from Team Assam 1860 to sample their tea, I reverted back with a confession that I don't drink tea. I should appreciate their gentle approach for sending me a well packed tea leaves for my family with a congratulations note. What melts down my heart is, the first two lines from the letter they sent me. Thanks for the Lovely lines Assam 1860 tea.

Now let us come to the Tea. I created a tea Tasting session at my home where my parents, my parent-in-laws and my sister-in-law were invited over a tea party. Before I approach what they said and how much they liked the tea, let me say few words about Assam1860 Tea:
The first thing they ensure that will please your senses is the flavour of the CTC black tea. Now, what exactly the CTC means? (I learnt it too)-

“Crush, Tear, and Curl is a method of processing black tea, similar to that of orthodox tea manufacturer. Instead of the leaves being rolled as a final stage, like Oolongs, they are passed through a series of cylindrical rollers with hundreds of small sharp "teeth" that crush, tear, and curl the tea.” 
And this is what Assam 1860 Tea ensures:
“Assam 1860 is a black tea that celebrates tea itself. It is made only from leaves plucked in the picturesque Thowra Estate, a Chai Bagan set up in 1860. We ensure that the phrase ‘garden fresh’ lives up to its every promise.

The leaves are plucked, processed and packed in the estate itself, ensuring quality and freshness that is unparalleled. So wherever you are, you might as well be drinking your cup of Assam 1860 on the verdant verandah of the Thowra Bungalow, overlooking graceful rolling greens on our lush terraces.

We can’t wait for you to try our new offering. The plucking of tea leaves has begun in earnest!”

Now let me share the experiences of Assam 1860 that my family had. 

My parents – in – law and my Husband:
They drink black tea without sugar. So I prefer to experience them the tea bags, came along with the pack. My parents- in – law shared one tea bag and my Husband one full. According to them, the flavour of the tea is a perfect blend of taste and aroma that can brighten up the lazy mornings and the moods.
To my husband who first inhales the aroma. If the aroma touches his heart then he will next go for the colour. The colour of the tea should be faint brown. So when he senses the aroma of Assam 1860 I saw a pleasing smile brushed his face. After tasting it, he nodded his head and just smiled. That means the tea passed the sensory tasting journey. He asked me more detail about the tea. :)
My Parents and my sister-in-law:
They love their tea most of the time with milk, brewing for a longer time with some extra tea leaves than the moderate portion. It should have sugar and served piping hot when sipped. This time, I used the loose tea leaves sent along. To them, the taste gives a flush to gain all the lost energy and one goes back to a time to play with his/her old memories. That was what my dad said.

To my sister-in-law after tasting few she found it a perfect one which she can enjoy sitting on a lazy couch with a book to experience the aromatic flavour. She would love to add some ginger in it or few drops of lemon. A perfect “Kadak ” masala tea could be justified the tea as well.
So what I have learnt from them that when someone is tasting a tea one should know it is a sensory journey where the aroma plays one of the important roles. The aroma gives a peace in your mind and then the taste that should beatify your sensory buds and drove you down to the memory lanes to regain the energy and to lighten up your days. And no need to say Assam 1860 tea passed all these to prove – “Let us try it again”….

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected