July 14, 2013

Mochar Phuler Bora( Banana Blossom Heart Fry)

It is my sister who is very much fond of all Bengali cuisines. On the other hand I am always running away from it. I know being a Bengali it might sound obnoxious, but this is my honest citation. My taste bud only tickles when I am served continental foods with less spices and oil. I am talking about this attitude towards food when I was celebrating my state of celibacy. As everybody knows marriage does make life topsy turvy and compels to take a new birth again. My man is a true blue Bengali who hearts for all Bengali cuisines. So I have to introduce different types Bengali cuisines in my kitchen and started growing a likeness towards it after marriage. But at the same time hubby get introduced with all the foods that I used to love too. The recent scenario has surprisingly changes and we have a different story. Hubby wants more continental foods and me the delectable Bengali dishes. So now what we do we have Bengali dishes at the lunch time and at dinner time we have oriental/continental.  The most precious part is my daughter has also grown a likeness towards each kind of foods.
Mochar Phuler Bora/Banana Blossom Heart Fry this is one the tastiest fries that I have learnt from my sister. Now what is Mochar Phul or Banana Blossom Heart? It is the soft tender part inside the Mocha or Banana Blossom which can't be peeled any more but you have to chop it and add it in the curry. Many a times we discard the part or chop it and add it. But the best usage of it is to make fry out of it. Just try it and I bet you will surely fallen in love with it. So here is the recipe how you will make Mochar Phuler Bora (Banana Blossom Heart Fry).
Ingredients:
Mochar Phul/Banana Blossom Heart- cut half then each half in semi thin slice
Turmeric Powder- a pinch + 1/4 teaspoon
Besan/Gram Flour-  3/4 cup
Cumin Seeds- 1/4 tea spoon
Salt according to taste.
White Oil-  Enough for frying
Method:
  1. Boil the Mocha r Phul /Banana Blossom Slices with a pinch of turmeric powder and salt for 15mnts.
  2. Make a thick batter with the besan/gram flour adding water and all other ingredients. (Remember the batter should be thick, not like a dough but very little flowing)[Tips: Add a tea spoon oil to make it more crispier with the batter.]
  3. Heat oil. Let it get quite hot. Then take each slice. Dunk in the batter and fry in a low flame till it turns brown.
  4. Soak the excess oil in a tissue papper and the serve with hot rice and dal.
More recipes on Mocha/Banana Blossom:


5 comments:

Chitz said...

I usually chop & add it to curries.. This looks like a nice idea ! Great..

Shri said...

Perfect with a book during the monsoons Kamalika!

Unknown said...

They look delicious :-)

Harini said...

Lovely it looks,yummm :)

great-secret-of-life said...

interesting way to use banana blossom

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected