November 26, 2012

Baked Chicken & Vegetables


It is obvious that winter is slowing crawling in as- the early sunset is  gobbling up the bright warm evening, the early morning is craving to spend few more hours under the comforter, skin is itched  to be  dunked in moisturizer in every two to three hours.  And of course you will feel a sudden change in your taste bud more prone towards something hot but light food. When it comes to food, I love baked food served along with a bowl of warm soup and bread during the winter. Though baked dishes are always welcome in every season, for me I love enjoying this in the winter more. It gives an ultimate delicacy when you open the oven, the warm aroma spreads all over the house and my spects become blur with the sudden vapour from the hot dish  right out from the oven that gives an ultimate feeling of comfort in this winter season.
 I prepared it out  of whatever handy ingredients  I gathered from my pantry. And no need to say, after tasting it I wanted to pat my back with a proud smile. My daughter and my hubby enjoyed it till the last bite. So here is the recipe.



Ingredients:
Chicken- 500gm (Cut into small cubes)
Baby Corn: 1/2 (in cubes)
Carrots: 1 Cup (in cubes)
Beans: 1 cup (cut into 1/2" long)
Green Peas: 1/2 cup
Broccoli: 1/2 (cut into small florets)
Mushroom: 1 cup sliced
Pasta Sauce- 6 table spoons 
(I used Weight-watcher's Roasted Garlic)
Dry Parsley: 1/2 tea spoon
Dry Lemon grass: 1/4 spoon
Dry Tarragon: 1/2 tea spoon
Oregano Seasoning: 1/2 tea spoon
Salt & Sugar: according to taste.
Cream: 200gm (I used Amul's tetra pack)
Method:
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 230 degree C.
  2. Mix all the ingredients except the cream nicely on a baking ware. Cover it with an aluminum foil.
  3. Bake it for 15 mnts. Take it out. Open the cover. Taste it to check whether more salt and suger  are needed or not. Then put it again and bake for 10 mnts more.
  4. Again bring it out and add the cream nicely with the potpourri and again bake it for 10 mnts more. Serve hot with bread.
Note: Now Silence Sings is available on Facebook.com also. To get more updates on Silence Sings please join it HERE.

This recipe is off to Indrani's Healthy Baking Event.

9 comments:

Srividhya Ravikumar said...

delicious..

divya said...

I am just drooling over it :)

Home Cooked food said...

Comfort food in one dish.

Hamaree Rasoi said...

The best time of the year of Kolkatawasis (sheet kal) :-) You have indeed pull off a fantastic meal..Looks very tempting

Priya Suresh said...

Prefect food to keep us warm while chilled outside, comfort food definitely.

Indrani said...

so easy-to-make bake recipe, kamalika..even I like warm, baked foods in winter, will make it soon, your pics r soooo mouth-watering..send it to my Spotlight : healthy baking event,
link : http://riappyayan.blogspot.in/2012/11/announcement-of-this-months-spotlight.html

Unknown said...

Thanks to all for the lovely comments...

Unknown said...

Darun hoyechhe dish ta. Perfect and very healthy one pot meal.



Cuisine Delights
"My Monthly Event - Spotlight: Show Your Best Creation "

Unknown said...

Lovely...yum!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected