September 20, 2013

Hunan Style Cucumber Chicken with Jayati Saha


You all might know that we are having an event called  "Know Your  Kolkata Blogger Friend" on our  Kolkata Food Bloggers group. I will literally like to thank our dear friend Amrita who came up with this brilliant idea to know each other. And the importance of the event I realized while being a part of it.  This event leads us to each one of our blogs and to make us to read and surf the blog recipes to recreate one and write about the person. Jayati Saha who blogs from Jayati and Tito's Food Journey,  is the featured person of this week. I hardly know her from the personal level. She has joined us in the recent past and I didn't get an opportunity to meet her yet or to interact more.  But when I surfed her blog, I found a mother more than a lady who loves to cook and enjoys to feed her family. Her passion for cooking reflects in her each recipe. Being a Full time working Lady she didn't let go her passion for cooking and that exactly what she features in her blog. She shares her mouthwatering dishes with the world whenever she gets time from her busy life. The best part that really touches my heart that the blog she started only on her Son's inspiration. From this you can guess how he is the fan of her mamma's food and wants to make it acknowledged by others too. The title of the blog reflects in such an adorable manner the mother son duo's food journey. Her blog is full of delectable dishes. Therefore it became so hard for me to choose a particular one. I have bookmarked many but here I can share only one, so more later. I loved her Tandoori Pomfret, One Pot Chicken Roast, Lagan NuCaustard, and so on and so forth. But I was eyeing from a long time to make her Chicken in Hunan Sauce which is one of my favourite dishes. I have given a little twist by moving a bit away from her original process of making Chicken in Hunan Sauce (Click to find our Jayati's version).   I have added Cucumber as when I opened my fridge I just got those to add. And make the recipe a bit healthy by not frying the chicken pieces separately. 
After making the dish I was so satisfied as my daughter loved it most and now her acknowledgment counts to more than others. The Man also reacted in the same way. Mainly the addition of the cucumber made the dish more flavourful that I felt after tasting it. I served the dish with Dinner Rolls and enjoyed wholeheartedly. I would like to thank Jayati for sharing such a sumptuous dish on her blog. So here goes the recipe of my version of Hunan Style Cucumber Chicken:
Ingredients:
Boneless Chicken: 200 gm (Diced)
Soy Sauce: 1 table spoon
Tomato Sauce: 3 table spoons
Sweet Chilli Sauce: 1 tea spoon (more or less can be adjusted as per the spice intake)
Garlic Cloves: 6-7
Roasted Peanuts and Cashew - 1/4 cup (Jayati added only Cashew nuts)
Salt & Sugar as per taste
Oil: 3 table spoons
Cucumber - 1 medium sized (Cubed)
Method:
  1. Take the chicken cubes marinade them with all the sauces and Salt.
  2. Take a Kodai/Pan. Heat the oil and then add the garlic cloves.
  3. Let the garlic turn light brown. Add the chicken pieces and keep on stirring in medium heat.
  4. Add sugar nad cashew after 5mnts of cooking.
  5. Let keep on frying till the chicken is well cooked soft and tender.
  6. Add the cucumber. Fold nicely and take off the flame.
Note:
1. After adding the cucumber just cook for a minute. Otherwise the cucumber will get soft and soggy)
2. If you want to fry the chicken first then too make the dish then pls follow Jayatis version HERE.


4 comments:

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Excellent and lovely looking hunan chicken. Excellent preparation.
Deepa

divya said...

wow this is awesome and beautiful pic and presentation.....

Unknown said...

Wow..Hun style chicken is superb. As usual beautiful click.

Cuisine Delights
"My Monthly Event - Spotlight: Festive Treats "

Priya Suresh said...

Give me that bowl, crunchy chicken makes me hungry.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected