December 16, 2015

#EasyRecpe : Baked Chicken Caprese Salad

During the day time I am almost excluded from my kitchen by the cook. She loves to reign over the kitchen and gets disappointed even I peep in. She breezes around the kitechen with a constant jingle sound of her bangles and the utensils. I always try to avoid the musical concord and retreat to not interfere. The only interaction regarding food we have once in a day - my instruction what to cook and if something special then how to cook that. So I can own my kitchen only in the next half of the day when I prefer to cook the dinner. I always try to avoid an elaborate dinner. I prefer to keep it simple and healthy. Even the man after a tiring day loves to have something delicious, tasty but overall healthy and light. He wants to avoid rice so as my daughter. So most of the time it is something baked or grilled. /the other day I made Baked Chicken Caprese Salad and served with some boiled vegetables and baked cheese spinach.  It came out tasty, light and got cooked in few minutes. 
                                                               Once a visit to The Corner Courtyard during a review program Chef Chanchal offers a special dish Grilled Italian Chicken Patties with salad caprese and parsley garlic aioli to us. And I was so impressed and inspired by the dish that I decided to try it at home. Now Caprese Salad is one of the most simple salads in the Italian cuisine. It calls for sliced fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil, some seasoning with salt, and olive oil. During the time of the creation of this salad, it was kept in mind to made a resemblance to the colors of the Italian flag: red, white, and green. (Info from Wiki) Baked or Grilled chicken/ meat can be used to give it an extra volume to the taste.When I made the dish I baked the chicken. If you want you can grill it too. Just keep in mind while grilling, don't forget to braise it with some oil, preferably olive oil.
Ingredients:
(Yields 6 to 8 patties depending on the size)
Minced Chicken -200grm
Blanched chopped spinach - 2 tbspn (All the water must be completely squeezed out)
Chopped parsley: 1 tbspn
Chilli Flakes: 1 tspn (more or less)
Italian seasoning - 1/2 tspn
Lemon juice - 1 tbspn
Salt and Balck pepper as per taste


Mozzarella Cheese - Cut in thin slice in a shape of square (Depends on how many patties are there)
Tomato slices (Depends on how many patties are there)
Method:
1. Mix all the ingredients nicely.
2. Grease your hand with oil and take a small portion and give the portion a shape of a patty.
3. Take an ovenproof tray. Cover it with aluminum foil (See note #1) and grease the surface.
4. Place the patties on the tray and bake for 15 + 10 minutes turning each side at 200 degree Centigrade.
5. Take a serving plate. Place a slice of tomato, top it with mozzarella cheese and then on the top place the Chicken Patty. Relish it with boiled or stir fried vegetables and bread. I had with some baked spinach topped with cheese, boiled vegetables, salads and Bread. (See note how to eat it #3)

Note:
1. Whenever I bake some savoury dishes on a tray I always cover it with an aluminium foil. It helps to save a lot of time in behind of cleaning the burning stains.
2. If you want to avoid the cheese then simply have it with boiled vegetables and bread. 
3. To enjoy the taste, you must have a bite of  the Tomato, the cheese and the chicken patty altogether. That will give you the exact taste of the dish and to enjoy the every bit of it.

No comments:

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected