August 22, 2010

Broken Glass Jello- A sweet treat


Celebrating the 50th post of my blog with a sweet treat. On the auspicious day of my husband’s birthday my blog posts are glad to reach the half century. It’s a long run for me. But still I am happy to reach a cusp. The recipe, Broken Glass Jello, I have borrowed from The Food Librarian whose blog is full of magnificent recipes and I am literarily in love with her photography. When I first saw the recipe I was instantly moved by the colourful texture of the dish. And when I prepared it at home the dish didn’t take any time to vanish. Too easy to make and a toothsome bite both for the kids and the adults. My daughter got attracted with the colours and enjoyed it till the last bite. So without wasting any time let me share the recipe with you.




Ingredients:-
(serves 8,5oz cups)
2 package of Coloured Jell-o – 3oz each
Condensed Milk -1/2 cup
Knox Gelatine- 1 envelops
Water- 1 cup


Method:-
1. Prepare the coloured jell-o separately following the instructions given in the package. Refrigerate.
2. Cut them in to small cubes when they are fully set.
3. Boil ¾ cup of water. Add ½ cup boiling water with the condense milk. Blend nicely.
4. Pour the gelatine in ¼ cup of cold water, stir gently and leave for 2mnts to set. Add the remaining hot water. Mix well.
5. Add the gelatine to the milk mixture. Sir well.
6. Put the Jell-o cubes in the cups in equal measurements. The pour the milk mixture to each glass equally. Keep for at least 4-5 hours in the refrigerator to set. Enjoy them when they are fully set.

I would not be able to achieve this milestone if you, my fellow blogger friends, would not motivate and inspire me with your encouraging feedbacks on my each and every post. I wish and hope that you all will help me and will be by my side always to make this journey successful till end. Above all I would like thank my husband too, to inspire me a lot to continue this blog. This 50th post is a gift and tribute from me to my husband on his birthday- A small relic of love and respect.
I made some Layerd Jello too. Please find out the recipe Here.

This recipe is off to Pari's Only Kid's Delight Event. I am also sending the Chocolate Marshmallow Slices to this event.

44 comments:

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Congrats dear on reaching 50th post and happy birthday to your hubby, keep rocking...simple and attractive jelly, perfect for the occasion..

Jaya M said...

Lovely treats both to eyes and tongue Kamalika if I can say so..and congratulations on this milestone , here's hoping you many more such delicious milestones in real and virtual life both.
hugs and smiles

Indian Khana said...

Looks fab....so colourful ....love e pics

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Brilliant Kamalika. Tomar Broken Glass Jello ta dekhte phataphati hoyeche. All those multi colored layers have really looked good. I say looked as the jellos must have been consumed within an hour after their preperation.

Great Clicks.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Sarah Naveen said...

Beautiful clicks...Looks awesome..

Sushma Mallya said...

wow so beautiful, am sure anyone would love to have this one....

Swathi said...

Congrats on century. Happy birth day to your hubby. Broken glass jello looks delicious.I love the layerd gel too.

nandini said...

Wow so colourful and what a great way to eat jello. Great party idea. Thanx for sharing. Liked both layered jello and the broken one.

aipi said...

Congrats on the 50th..wish you many many ....more to come!!
Many happy returns to your hubby :)
Jello looks so gorgeous n fun!

Angie's Recipes said...

wow they look so fun and festive to eat!

Uma said...

Congrats on the 50th post.. May you many more milestones :)
Birthday Wishes to your husband!

loved the texture of this jello..

Suja Manoj said...

Congrats dear..beautiful clicks dear..lovely

Tanvi said...

Wow, Lovely idea dear!
Love the colorful jello glasses...
Yum Yum Yum!

Unknown said...

Thanks my dearies for your best wishes and for the appreciation....its my pleasure that you all loved the dish...

Chetana Suvarna Ganatra said...

OMG is dis good or wat....I wud luv to slurp one of those jello. Bookmarking it....my jr. will be more than happy to hv one.
Cheers.

Urmi said...

Convey my birthday wishes to your husband. Heartiest congratulations for completion of your 50th post. Very beautiful and colourful jello glasses.

Nithu said...

Oh! I love this. Must try.

Kuntala said...

Kamalika, chhobigulo bhishoN sundor dekhte hoyechhe.....

MaryMoh said...

Happy Birthday to your husband and Congrats to you for reaching your 50th post.....wonderful! That's such agorgeous jello.....perfect for double celebrations :D

Priya Suresh said...

COngrats on ur 50th post and my birthday wishes to ur better half..Cute looking colourful jello, awesome!

My Kitchen Antics said...

those look really adorable kamalika...love the colours

Joyti said...

Ooo, how pretty! And so perfect for children, I'd imagine.

Juliana said...

Oh! So cute the desserts with jello...love the color and the creativity :-)

Kalyani said...

wow it looks very yummy & delicious too ....

Satya said...

wow what acolorful treat..thanks for sharing such delicious n gorgeous recipe ...congrats for ur 50th post dear ..love it

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Unknown said...

Thanks to all of you for your lovely comments...

Suman Singh said...

Congrats on your 50th post..wishing you many more such milestones ahead..keep rocking.

Birthday wishes to your hubby.

Jello looks so pretty and colorful..

Soma said...

Congratulations Kamalika on your 50th post! you have celebrated with one of my favorite recipes on the to do list for the longest time. I had bookmarked this from the blog.. who would not? They are beautiful!! I love your layered ones too.

Beautiful tours.. enjoy for you are indeed in the most beautiful state!

Ana Powell said...

Congratulations, awesome work and well done on your 50th post.
Birthday wishes to your husband.
Breathtaking work, beautiful photos ♥

Shabs.. said...

Congrats on ur 50th post dear....keep going and rock!

Unknown said...

Thanks everybody.....

Urmi said...

Wish you Happy Rakshabandhan.

Padhu Sankar said...

Fabulous !! Great work .Looks very colorful and yummy!!

Priya Suresh said...

Dear Kamalika, regarding ur q'n i prepared the cake in regular microwave oven itself, also u can replace the vinegar with white vinegar but instead of using a tablespoon, just add a teaspoon, hope i cleared ur doubt..

Panchpakwan said...

Congarts on your milestone...
Keep on rocking.

Cooking Gallery said...

Oh, wow, wow, wow!!! I love the idea!! I should really give this a try :)! Thanks for sharing!

Namratha said...

Very colorful and perfect to beat the heat!

Sushma Mallya said...

Hi kamalika, how are you?ya came back last sun, missing them a lot...and so sorry forgot to wish you for your 50th post...congrats dear and hope to wish you on your 100th post very soon....

Indrani said...

Ami bhalo achi, Kamalika, tumi bhalo to? Hearty Congratulations on ur 50th post, tomar each post is unique and hope to see another 50 such unique posts real soon..wish ur hubby a very happy birthday..this treat is just awesome..just loving all the pics, am khali barbar pics gulo dekhchi, recipe pare dekhbo,,,surely banabo, kids will love it.Wonderful recipe, bookmark korlam

Unknown said...

Congrats on your 50th post, Kamalika and belated birthday wishes to your husband! Jello looks absolutely yummy!! Great effort!!

Regarding your question about King fish, it is my most favorite fish (maybe the favorite fish of all Keralites)..I personally feel that it is the most tastiest fish!! Unfortunately we dont get it here in Seattle so I used tilapia for that recipe. You can use any fish of your choice for that recipe but king fish will taste best!!

Namitha said...

So pretty..After seeing this in many blogs I wanted to try this too...Very tempting pics too, Kamalika :-)

Together We Save said...

50 posts!! That is great!!

Unknown said...

Thanks everybody....
@Yammy Team, thanks for the reply to my query....

Aparna S Mallya said...

Congratulations! You have a nice blog.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected